The home of one of England’s oldest Baptist fellowships, the current church building dates from 1885 and replaced the first chapel in Dagnall Lane in 1720. St Albans Baptist’s are first recorded as meeting in the village of Kensworth around 1640.
Lofty Victorian Baptist Church built above a lower hall circa 1885, with adjacent meeting rooms and cafe built in 1989. The interior of the sanctuary was refurbished in 2003 to provide flexibility for worship and other events. Visitors may be particularly interested in the Baptistry which is located in the Apse, the mosaic floor of the Choir and the Bevington organ. The building also contains an interesting stained glass window, unusual for non-conformist churches of the time. There will be a display of archive material, and the Cross Street Centre Cafe will be open for refreshments from 1000-1400 on Saturday 14th September.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.