A unique forum for farmers who want to grow and profit from a healthy soil
Groundswell, the first UK conference wholly focused on no-till techniques, soil regeneration and the value of livestock in arable and mixed farming situations is back for its third year. Groundswell is a show designed ‘by farmers, for farmers’ who seek to change the paradigm of agriculture from extractive to regenerative. It takes place at Lannock Manor Farm, Hertfordshire, featuring speakers, workshops and seminars; exhibitions from a wide range of innovative farming companies and field scale direct drill demonstrations.
Groundswell 2018 features a range of respected voices in No-Till and Organic agriculture and environmental sustainability, including:
- Dan Kettridge (USA), Founder and Executive Director of the Bionutrient Food Association (BFA), a non-profit whose objective is to increase quality in the food supply, is speaking in the U.K for the very first time
- Ademir Calegari (Brazil), a soil scientist with three decades’ experience in cover crop management
- Joel Williams, an independent soil advocate who unravels the links between healthy soils and plant health.
- Gary Markham, Land Family Business Accountants will report results from the first ever European No-Till Benchmarking Group comparing the profitability of no-till vs conventional farming.
- Respected UK farmers will share their experience of no-till in organic and conventional farm setups
- Discussion Panels & Workshops, providing ample opportunity for guests to pose their own questions and engage in the debate, featuring:
- The Soil Association’s ‘Innovative Farmers’
- The Pasture Fed Livestock Association
- Affinity Water
Groundswell is relevant for anyone in the farming or environmental sectors interested in the role that the soil plays in improving the environment, be it carbon sequestration, water catchment, ecosystems or human nutrition and food quality.
“Groundswell is unique in the fact that you can spend a day learning the principles of Conservation Agriculture whilst also engaging with the organisations who can help make it a reality.” Says Paul Cherry, Host Farmer.
Paul says: “Now in its third year, Groundswell is growing bigger and better as more and more farmers see the opportunities available to them in reducing their costs at the same time as improving their soil. Groundswell offers a welcoming environment for two days of action-packed information exchange with some of the world’s most experienced “soil caretakers” – the farmers, scientists and the organisations who all have a role in shaping the future of UK farming. This year we have a renewed focus on UK soils and situations to really help British farmers learn and get the best from their land as we face an uncertain future. It’s looking increasingly like Mr Gove’s anticipated ‘Green Brexit’ will reward farmers who focus on their farm’s soil and overall health, so for any farmer looking for ways to adapt to this scenario whilst maintaining viability as a food producer, Groundswell is the place to be.”
The event location is: Lannock Manor Farm, Weston, Hitchin, Hertfordshire SG4 7EE; it is within a mile of Junction 9 of the A1(M) in North Hertfordshire on Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th June 2018
Tickets are available at £55 (+VAT) for one day or £85 (+VAT) for both days from www.groundswellag.com
Alex Cherry 07816349406 (Director)
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.